Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Your Next Place...


By Franklin Schneider

When I was young, my parents maintained a small greenhouse on our property, and I always thought it would be cool to live in one. This childhood wish came back to me as I ambled through this unique townhouse on the edge of Rock Creek Park. Not because it's made of draped transparent vinyl sheeting (it's not), or is as stiflingly hot as a trucker's armpit (it wasn't), but because it was so incredibly full of light. With five separate skylights and a profusion of windows and glass doors, I'm not sure I've ever been in a brighter house.

The living room features sliding glass doors and a fireplace, and the kitchen (granite counters, stainless steel appliances, etc.) has a breakfast nook so cute you'll want to croon at in baby talk. (There's also a dining area.) The master suite is massive, and has a fantastic park view; if the apocalypse hits and civilization disintegrates, whoever lives in this house will have access to prime urban hunting grounds. On the third floor is my favorite room, a cozy sort of irregularly trapezoidal family room (or third bedroom), with its own skylight and several windows. If I'd had access to a TV room like
this as a teenager, I could've gotten waaaaay more girls pregnant.
(Kidding!) The house also features two beautiful full baths, one of which has that kind of shower with a small marble bench inside. I love this type of shower and I truly believe the publishing industry is missing out on billions of dollars by not having an entire line of laminated shower-books for people to read on their shower benches.

1692 Oak St
#24
Washington, DC

3 Bdrms, 2.5 Baths, Parking

$539,000





0 comments:

Post a Comment

Commercial ads will be deleted, so don't even think about it.

 

DCmud - The Urban Real Estate Digest of Washington DC Copyright © 2008 Black Brown Pop Template by Ipiet's Blogger Template