1. What's a typical day for you?
I get up at 6:00am, get the kids up, eat breakfast, (I used to drive them to school but now they have their learner’s permits) and the 3 triplets take turns driving themselves to school (as I am in the passenger seat, of course). Once I get into the office, depending on the schedule, I have a series of meetings throughout the day or a legislative hearing/legislative session. I go home, pick up the kids, try to have dinner with them and several evenings a week, I attend community meetings/events in the evening, and my day ends around 9:30.
2. What or who is your biggest influence?
Personally – my parents. Professionally – Abraham Lincoln & John Kennedy
3. What neighborhood do you live in?
4. What is your biggest DC pet peeve?
5. What is the #1 most played song on your iPod?
"Mack the Knife"
6. Favorite DC haunt?
7. What's your favorite thing to do on a Sunday afternoon?
Read the paper and go for walks in the park.
8. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
9. If you couldn't be a councilman, what would you be?
10. Name one thing most people don't know about you.
I’m an open book!