Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Your Next Place...



By Franklin Schneider


If I won the lottery tomorrow, this is absolutely the house I'd buy. A Tudor-style mansion on an acre of beautifully landscaped gardens, complete with koi pond, swimming pool, and a carriage house. I'd move in thirty or forty of my best friends, have a party that lasted for two years straight, and then sell it for pennies on the dollars when all the money ran out. Then in rehab my counselor Tim would use it as a metaphor for the mess I'd made of my life. ("You took this beautiful, one in a million house and you ruined it. Don't do the same to what's left of your life!")

Damn it, Tim, I didn't mean to drive my Range Rover into the swimming pool, I thought I'd built up enough speed to ramp over it!

Built in 1925, this palatial home sports a three fireplaces, an in-law/au pair suite, a beautifully finished attic, a sitting room for sitting and a family room for family. The living room is massive but intimate, with a dramatic peaked ceiling. The dining room gets beautiful light and looks out onto the grounds, there's a fantastic sunroom, a massive gourmet kitchen that would make most restaurants green with envy, and just a general degree of luxury and sophistication fit for minor royalty, or at least Elton John. The house is also the 2011 DC Designer showhouse; 21 of the area's top designers have collaborated in renovating the spaces, and it shows.

If you're interested, you better act quick; even at $4.9 million, it can't be long before someone snatches it up. I mean, one of these Powerball tickets has to hit sometime, right?

3134 Ellicott St. NW

Washington, DC 20008

6 Bedrooms, 4.5 Baths

$4,900,000

4 comments:

Shipsa01 on Apr 26, 2011, 12:01:00 PM said...

Is there a floorplan available?

Sheila on Apr 26, 2011, 12:08:00 PM said...

I can find out from the listing agent. Stay tuned.

Sheila on Apr 26, 2011, 12:10:00 PM said...

And if you'd like to see the full listing, feel free to email me at sheila@dcrealestate.com.

Anonymous said...

Well, you could just go there, pay $20, and tour it - this is the Washington Design House for 2011. After you strip the house of furniture, you will find that it needs a LOT of work, and I'll eat my hat if they get their asking price!

Post a Comment

Commercial ads will be deleted, so don't even think about it.

 

DCmud - The Urban Real Estate Digest of Washington DC Copyright © 2008 Black Brown Pop Template by Ipiet's Blogger Template