Sunday, November 20, 2011

Your Next Place


By Franklin Schneider

If you were watching a made-for-tv movie and the main family lived in this house, you'd immediately say to yourself, “oh MAN, are they in for something horrible!” Because it's just, like, too perfect. According to the laws of television, any family who lived in a place like this, a palatial five bedroom colonial in Chevy Chase, would have to have some serious dark secrets. And I'm not talking “Saved By the Bell” caffeine pill hijinks, I'm talking Meredith Baxter-Birney in “Taliban Junkie Mom.”

Luckily, this is real life, so having a dark secret isn't a prerequisite for living here. (Having a million dollars is, but let's not talk about that now.) I was really taken in by this beautiful, sunny, spacious legitimately four-leveled home. I tend to be really critical (ask my exes), but there wasn't one thing I'd change about this place. From the large brick patio and larger yard to the quaintly classy dining room to the sprawling living room (with fireplace), everything was just right.




The kitchen is modern and large, the five bedrooms are varied and spacious, and the renovated basement has legitimate “rumpus room” potential. There were hardwood floors throughout, and the apple of my eye, a huge screened-in porch. I've always loved screened-in porches; when I was a kid, my mom would let me sleep in our screened-in porch in the summertime and it was probably the highlight of my entire childhood. (Well, either that or the time my babysitter's bikini top flew off on the slip-n-slide. One of those two.)

3314 Tennyson St. NW
5 Bedrooms, 3.5 Baths
$969,000






0 comments:

Post a Comment

Commercial ads will be deleted, so don't even think about it.

 

DCmud - The Urban Real Estate Digest of Washington DC Copyright © 2008 Black Brown Pop Template by Ipiet's Blogger Template