Saturday, April 14, 2012

Your Next Place


By Franklin Schneider

I admit I'm one of those people who has no idea what anything costs and never looks at menu prices or pricetags (my frugal asian mother's head just exploded after reading that), so open-housing was and still is a shock to me. I'm always like "gosh, I'd totally pay thirty or even thirty-five thousand dollars for this Logan Circle four-bedroom," and then I do a latte spit-take when I see the actual seven-figure price.

But this place! When I saw it was "only" 845K, I swore it was a typo. ("I bet it's really $845 million!") That's how sweet this place is. A stunning "ultra-loft" that sports eighteen foot ceilings, this place is incredibly sleek, modern, and features high-end finishes, from Bosch and Wolf appliances to Hans Grohe fixtures to Duravit water closets. It might just take the crown of "coolest place I've seen in DC."

Upstairs, there are two large bedrooms and two large bathrooms, as well as a private roof terrace. Also, check out that awesome glass that separates off the lofted section. If I lived here, I'd keep the front door unlocked and pray for a burglar to come in so I could leap out and drop-kick them through the glass wall and onto the floor far below, like Tom Cruise in "Mission Impossible 4." The 600-square-foot private roof terrace is the perfect place for a party, with a wet bar, Jacuzzi, and even an outdoor shower! Can you imagine the possibilities? You'll have to, because I can't go into them here. This is a family blog, after all.

2351 Champlain Street NW Penthouse #2
2 Bedrooms, 2 Full Baths, 2 Half Baths
$845,000






3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I believe the fire sale is to get rid of it before the building directly to the south is constructed.

Adam L on Apr 15, 2012, 9:34:00 PM said...

Fire sale or not, $835 is a great price for that unit, considering that there are nearby one bedrooms going for $350k+

Anonymous said...

The building directly to the south is going to enhance the view. Instead of looking at an empty parking lot, the rooftop view overlooks their courtyard without losing the Monument views!

Post a Comment

Commercial ads will be deleted, so don't even think about it.

 

DCmud - The Urban Real Estate Digest of Washington DC Copyright © 2008 Black Brown Pop Template by Ipiet's Blogger Template